Friday, April 3, 2009

Aslan is here and he wants me to follow...

I am at the point where the rubber meets the road. Am I going to trust God and love him? Or am I going to worry and fret over my incompetence? Am I going to believe what God says about me? Or am I going to believe what I see?

I am on a journey, and I have reached a fork in the road. Like the Pevensies in Prince Caspian (the book, not the movie), I have been told that Aslan is here and he wants me to follow him. I have stared my eyes sore and seen nothing. Maybe the moonlight is deceiving. I do not know.

But then someone turns and begins to walk, following the unseen Lion. I stand, indecisive for a moment. Then I sigh, sling my shield onto my back, gird on my sword, and start walking. I still do not see anything, but I trust that I will not be lead astray.

I am walking blindly in the dark and that is frightening. But I keep walking, along the clifftops. Then, we plunge over the cliff. I am amazed to see that there is a path. I keep walking, hope rising in my heart. Maybe...maybe Aslan really is there.

I know deep down that he must be. I still do not see him. But I hold onto this hope, that I will not be in darkness forever. One day, I will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment